Woodhaven Community Development, Inc.
Woodhaven Community Development, Inc. (WCD) was formed in the Spring of 1998 by a group of concerned residents and area business leaders, joined a newly formed corporation established by the Steering Committee of the Woodhaven Neighborhood Association for the purpose of promoting economic growth in the greater Woodhaven area of Fort Worth, Texas. The trade area served by the WCD is situated in the northwest corner of the I-30 and I-820E interchange, bounded by the Trinity River on the north and CBS Channel 11 on the west.
- To encourage the development of existing raw land in a manner that will enhance the quality of life for residents, create new jobs and achieve profitability for property owners.
- To increase residential property values to a level commensurate with similar areas of North Texas where housing is located near or adjacent to a top quality, private country club.
- To institute programs to assist apartment management to achieve "full" occupancy and enable investors to improve their profitability.
- To work with owners and property management firms of Woodhaven retail centers to locate tenants for vacant space.
- To co-host a charitable golf tournament each year with the Woodhaven Neighborhood Association and Woodhaven Country Club. The purpose of the tournament will be to raise money to fund scholarships for deserving graduating high school students, special needs for college golf programs, and special educational needs of the East Regional Library.
- To seek out donations and grants to support the execution of the Development Corporation's Objectives.
Woodhaven Community Development, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) tax-exempt organization. It does not solicit membership and sustains its operations solely through donations. Volunteers handle all staffing responsibilities. Our Board is diversified in its business background and works as a team to make our programs successful. Because of the generous support from the Woodhaven community and friends, WCD has met its operating financial needs every year since its inception.