Sign Up for Email Updates
Welcome to Woodhaven Community Development's (WCD) website. This site was developed to help promote the Woodhaven Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan that was approved by the City of Fort Worth in August, 2005.
The Woodhaven community was carved from the Boaz Ranch is east Fort Worth in the 1970's. Today it consists of executive homes surrounding the Woodhaven Country Club, single-family residences, town homes, condominiums and apartment complexes as well as office buildings, medical and other professional practices and retail stores.
Opportunities abound for development of commercial raw land as well as redevelopment in many areas. We hope this website provides the means for you to learn more about Woodhaven and our plans for the future.
Woodhaven - Your hometown in the city. Whether you're buying a house or starting a business, location is a major factor of success. Nestled in the northwest corner of the cross point of I-30 and Loop 820 east, Woodhaven offers optimum convenience for work, play, education, or recreation-anywhere in the Metroplex. The quiet rural-style serenity of Woodhaven is ideally located just:
- Six miles from downtown Fort Worth
- 25 minutes from downtown Dallas
- 20 minutes from D/FW airport
- A quick commute to Mid Cities, Arlington and Irving
- A quick drive to Trinity Railway Express
- A quick drive to RiverBend Industrial Park and UTA/Fort Worth RiverBend Campus
- Minutes from excellent retail shopping, including North East Mall, East Fort Worth Marketplace, and Eastchase Shopping Center
- Minutes from area amusements including Six Flags Over Texas, Hurricane Harbor, Cowboy Stadium and Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
- Minutes from Fort Worth's Stockyards, Cultural District, Zoo and Sundance Square